Welcome to Drop – a digital music platform that embraces new technology, redefining the traditional music consumption experience by bridging the gap and fostering a deeper connection between creators and their audience.
Drop (and its related bodies corporate) (referred to in this document as we, us or our) recognises that your privacy is very important and we are committed to protecting the personal information we collect from you. The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) govern the way in which we manage your personal information and this policy sets out how we collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage personal information about you.
Types of information collected:
We may collect and hold personal information about you, that is, information that can identify you, and is relevant to facilitating our relationship with you and your use of our website (including the Drop platform). The kinds of information we typically collect include:
- name gender address phone number email address user name/pseudonym and password IP address, IMEI number, MAC address and other types of similar addresses bank account details/PayPal details/crypto currency holdings.
- and other information relevant to providing you with access to our website, the Drop platform and other information or services you request or consent to receive from us.
We may also incidentally collect and hold sensitive information about you, including information about your health, religious beliefs or affiliations, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions and sexual preferences or practices. While we do not actively collect these from you as part of your use of the website or your transactions in the Drop platform, if you use any of the social elements of the platform, including chat or video functions (if available), this information may be passively collected and stored on our systems, and be viewable by other users.
You acknowledge that this is an unavoidable consequence of using the Drop platform in those ways and consent to that collection. You can avoid using those features if you do not consent to that collection.
Method of collection
Personal information will generally be collected directly from you through the use of any of our standard forms, over the internet (including through our registration page), via email, or through a telephone conversation with you. Collection may also occur through your use of the Drop platform (such as through chat or video functions (if available), or by otherwise interacting with other users). We may also collect personal information about you from third parties acting on your behalf, particularly if you are required to have your parent or guardian act on your behalf.
There may, however, be some instances where personal information about you will be collected indirectly because it is unreasonable or impractical to collect personal information directly from you. We will usually notify you about these instances in advance, or where that is not possible, as soon as reasonably practicable after the information has been collected.
Data Retention and Account Termination
Purpose of collection
The personal information that we collect and hold about you, depends on your interaction with us. Generally, we will collect, use and hold your personal information if it is reasonably necessary for or directly related to the performance of our functions and activities and specifically for the purposes of:
- providing you with access to our website; providing you with access to the Drop platform as a registered user, and related purposes;
- enabling transactions to occur within the Drop platform; maintaining the block chain record of all transactions conducted on the platform;
- responding to your enquiries;
- providing you with promotional material and information about other goods that we and other organisations that we have affiliations with, offer that may be of interest to you (unless you have opted out of receiving such communications);
- facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements;
- analysing our services and customer needs with a view to developing new or improved services, except as otherwise permitted by law, we only collect sensitive information about you if you consent to the collection of the information (which you do if you use the social functions of the platform, as explained above) and if the information is reasonably necessary for the performance of our functions, as set out above.
Failure to provide information
If the personal information you provide to us is incomplete or inaccurate, we may be unable to provide you, or someone else you know, with the services you, or they, are seeking.
Internet users If you access our website, we may collect additional personal information about you in the form of your IP address and domain name.
Our website may contain links to other websites.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of linked websites and linked websites are not subject to our privacy policies and procedures.
All transactions are stored on the blockchain that underpins this service.
That means that a permanent record of those transactions are maintained as a necessary part of the functioning of the service. While we employ data minimisation techniques, it is not possible to remove all data as the block chain requires that data to maintain the permanent record of the transactions.
Children under 15
We recognise the special considerations that apply to children’s privacy. Any registration for the Drop service – and related data collection - will be done with the consent of a parent or guardian if the user is identified as being under 15.
Use and disclosure
Generally, we only use or disclose personal information about you for the purposes for which it was collected (as set out above). We may disclose personal information about you to:
- other users of the Drop service as a part of the ordinary functioning of the service, and to facilitate features of, and transactions in, that service, including:
- user name, likeness, avatar, for chat and interaction with us and other users in and through the platform;
- user name, real name, financial details and other personal details to enable and related to the sale and purchase of content;
- our related entities to facilitate our and their internal business processes;
- third party service providers, who assist us in operating our business, and providing services to you such as:
- third parties who assist with transactions (financial institutions and payment service providers);
- third parties who assist us with our business (including information technology service providers),
our related entities and other organisations with whom we have affiliations so that those organisations may provide you with information about goods and various promotions (unless you have opted out, and only with consent where required by applicable law).
Disclosure of personal information overseas
We are not likely to disclose personal information about you overseas. For instance, our related bodies corporate, third party service providers or other recipients may be based overseas or may use infrastructure outside Australia.
Certain laws require us to collect personal information. For instance, if you make purchases on our Website we are required to retain records pursuant to the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 (Cth).
We store your personal information in different ways, including in paper and in electronic form. The security of your personal information is important to us. We take all reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is stored safely to protect it from interference, misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including electronic and physical security measures.
Access and correction
You may seek access the personal information we hold about you, upon making a written request. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period. We may charge you a reasonable fee for processing your request (but not for making the request for access). We may decline a request for access to personal information in circumstances prescribed by the Privacy Act, and if we do, we will give you a written notice that sets out the reasons for the refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to provide those reasons), including details of the mechanisms available to you to make a complaint.
If, upon receiving access to your personal information or at any other time, you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please notify us immediately. We will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date. However, requests to amend information which is held on the transaction block chain may not be able to be accommodated as the purpose of that block chain is to maintain a permanent record of all in-platform land transactions.
If we refuse to correct your personal information, we will give you a written notice that sets out our reasons for our refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to provide those reasons), including details of the mechanisms available to you to make a complaint.
Complaints and feedback
If you wish to make a complaint about a breach of the Privacy Act, the APPs or a privacy code that applies to us, please contact us using the details below and we will take reasonable steps to investigate the complaint and respond to you.
If after this process you are not satisfied with our response, you can submit a complaint to the Office of the Information Commissioner. To lodge a complaint, visit the ‘Complaints’ section of the Information Commissioner’s website, located at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints, to obtain the relevant complaint forms, or contact the Information Commissioner’s office.
Street address: Suite 118 20-40 Meagher St, Chippendale NSW 200
Email address: email@example.com
For more information about privacy in general, you can visit the Office of the Information Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.